Climate change charity Ashden invites you to an Ashden Green Communities Network workshop addressing how community groups can build better relationships with councils to transform climate action.
This workshop will bring grassroots groups together to connect, learn and share best-practice when it comes to innovative ways of collaborating with local authorities to bring about more impactful and inclusive community engagement.
Hear from an exciting line-up of speakers that includes perspectives from both a grassroots and council viewpoint, featuring:
- Holly McCain, Trees for Cities – Building relationships with local government to enhance nature
- Roger Clarke, Hope Valley Climate Action – working with councils to influence sustainable travel
- Hazel Scurr – Northumberland County Council – how can community groups connect and collaborate with councils? A local authority perspective.
- More local authorities TBC.
- Learn best-practice on innovative ways of engaging councils and building partnerships to further climate action in your local area
- Understand the benefits to bringing your local authority on board with your project, and ways to maintain and enhance such relationships
- Connect, learn and share ideas with other grassroots social and climate action groups that are tackling the climate crisis across all sectors