Ever wondered about the magic behind a heat pump? Find out all you need to know in this virtual guided tour of Thurrock council’s collaboration with two-time Ashden Award winner Kensa to install ground source heat pumps for three high-rise blocks. Kensa’s Ieman Barmaki walks us through how heat pump technology works and how it can be applied in social housing contexts to reduce fuel poverty. Ewelina Sorbjan and Alaistar Wood from Thurrock provide the Council’s perspective. We recommend the full video to get the complete picture, or if you’re in a hurry, you can access the 8 minute site tour here:
- 00:00 – Introducing Kensa
- 01:29 – The Context
- 02:23 – Why Ground Source Heat Pumps?
- 03:12 – How Do Ground Source Heat Pumps Work?
- 07:57 – Decarbonising Social Housing
- 11:07 – Thurrock Council Partnership
- 13:06 – Virtual Site Tour
- 21:55 – Ambient Heating and Cooling Network
- 26:51 – Support Available for Social Landlords
- 27:48 – Other Kensa Case Studies
- 29:09 – Conclusion from Kensa
- 31:32 – Thurrock: The Council’s Perspective