Ashden is looking for a creative, digital-savvy Communications Assistant to join the Communications team.
Please note: applicants must be between 16 – 24 year olds and receiving Universal Credit. They will need to speak to their work coach to ask to be referred to this role.
Closing Date: 15th July 2021
The focus of this role is to support the communications team in implementing Ashden’s digital strategy, helping raise awareness of our network of climate leaders and positioning Ashden as a bold, informed voice for change across all digital channels.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities. An ability to apply awareness of diversity issues to all areas of work.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of social media accounts for both Ashden and the Let’s Go Zero campaign (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube)
- Create and maintain monthly social media calendar plans in line with Ashden’s social media strategy
- Write and schedule posts using the Sprout Social platform
- Monitor and respond to comments and direct messages in a timely manner
- Manage posting schedule of event promotions
- Prepare monthly reports on social media performance using Sprout Social analytics
- Improve the organisation of Ashden’s online photo resource (Flickr), ensuring that it is up to date to support all communications activities as well as overseeing external requests to access and use images
- Support the maintenance, updating and developing of two websites: ashden.org (our main website) and letsgozero.org (campaign website) using WordPress.
- Oversee regular updating of Ashden’s homepage to ensure latest news stories, events and campaigns are promoted
- Support the Digital Lead in implementing Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategy including audits to identify pages with low SEO score.
Marketing and events
- Maintain and update events section of website
- Edit recordings from live events using video editing software and upload to relevant digital channels to promote content (YouTube, website)
- Promote events across relevant social media platforms including live streams with event attendees around event hashtags.
- Support with any additional digital marketing activities as required.
- Keep wider Ashden team updated on communications messages via office Intranet and emails, including sharing social media posts and links to recent news.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Educated to A-level/BTEC level
- IT skills – interest in and understanding of range of social media including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Interest in climate action
- Able to self-organise and work from home unsupervised
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner with an aptitude for IT
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Not afraid to ask questions and willing to ask for help when needed
This role is based in London, at the Ashden office in Victoria. However, it is open to applicants from across the UK looking to work remotely.
25.00 hours per week
5 hours per day, Monday – Friday
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this role, please apply online here. You will also need to speak to your Universal Credit work coach and ask to be referred to this role.
15th July 2021