Coronavirus has battered the energy access sector. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are bringing clean, affordable energy to the remote and marginalised communities at greatest risk. These grassroots organisations are supporting the most vulnerable through the pandemic – and are a crucial force in the struggle to achieve universal energy access. How can funders, investors and policymakers help SMEs survive and thrive?
- Christine Eibs Singer – Senior Advisor, Sustainable Energy for All
- Salma Islam – Project Manager, SOLShare
- Lisa Ashford – Director, Energise Africa.
- Esther Altorfer – Managing Director East Africa, Sistema.bio
- Takehiro Kawahara – Frontier Power Senior Associates, BloombergNEF
- Emira Woods – Senior Adviser, Shine